I’ve recently build my own home server based on Ubuntu Server 12.04. This machine has anything you would expect from a server: performance, reliability and storage.
- CPU: Intel Core i3-2120
- Motherboard: Asus P8H61-I
- Memory: Kingston ValueRAM 8GB DDR3-1333 kit
- Hard disks: 4x Seagate ST2000DM001 (8TB in total)
- Case: Factical Design Array R2 mini ITX NAS
VMware Zimbra 8 is here! In this tutorial I’ll cover a fresh installation of Zimbra 8 on CentOS 6.3. Zimbra is a groupware email server and web client.
This tutorial requires:
- CentOS 6.3 (download)
- Zimbra 8.0 OSE (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 edition)
- A dedicated server or virtual machine
- Basic Linux knowledge
In my case I will create a virtual machine in VMware Workstation 9. This virtual machine has 2GB of memory and all of my cpu cores available to it.
Start up your machine and hit ‘Install or upgrade an existing system’.